This is how you disable Pop-ups in Internet Explorer 10 and older (Windows 7)
1. From the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
2. Now from the Privacy Tab, make sure Turn on Pop-up Blocker is checked and click “OK”.
This is how you disable Pop-ups in Mozilla Firefox (Windows 7)
1. From the Tools menu, select Options
2. Fron the Content tab, make sure that Block pop-up windows is checked and click “OK”.
This is how you disable Pop-ups in Mozilla Firefox (MAC)
1. From the Firefox menu, select Preferences.
2. From the Preferences windwo, choose the Content button and then make sure Block Pop-up Windows is checked.
This is how you disable Pop-ups in Mozilla Firefox (MAC)
1. From the Safari menu, make sure Block Pop-Up Windows is checked.
Step by step Instructions on Installing a Printer.
Installing a Printer can be very easy task to complete. There are a couple of ways of going about this installation. First, by using the Manufacturer’s Installation Disc (This is the disc that usually comes with the printer). Secondly, if you do not have the manufacturer’s disc or simply cannot find the manufacturer’s disc, you can visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers there. We will start with the easiest way first and then go to the second option next.
Installing a Printer from the Manufacturer’s Installation Disc:
This setup process is usually the exact same for most all printers.
- Make sure you have installed all Print Cartridges and Ink Toners before installing the printer.
- Put the manufacturer’s installation disc into your Optical Drive and run the printer setup application (“setup.exe” or something similar).
- When prompted connect your computer with the USB or Parallel cable and turn the printer on.
- Next you will need to go to your printers folder on your computer (for Windows XP you will need to go to ‘Start’ then ‘Printers and Faxes’; for Vista and Windows 7 you will need to go to ‘Start’ and in the search bar type “printers”; If you have a Mac you will need to click on the ‘System Preferences’ and select ‘Print & Fax’).
- Last step is to print a test page to make sure that printer is installed and working. In Windows XP you will need to right click on the printer and go to ‘Properties’ then select the ‘Print Test Page’. In Windows 7 you will need to right click on the printer and go to ‘Printer Properties’ then select the ‘Print Test Page”
Installing a Printer from the Manufacturer’s Driver Website:
If you can’t find the Manufacturer’s Installation Disc the next best thing is to go to the Manufacturer’s website to get the driver. Here are a few of the top major printer manufacturer’s website’s.
- HP: From here you will need to Click on “Drivers & Software’ enter the name and model and hit enter.
- Cannon: From here click on ‘Consumer & Home Office’ then ‘Printers & Multifunction’ then you will need to select your ‘Product Series’ and lastly ‘Drivers & Software’ beside your printer model.
- Epson: Select your printer Category then select the model, or type in the product name in Epson’s search box.
Note: Make sure when downloading a driver off of the Manufacturer’s website you specify your Operating System (Ex: Windows XP, Windows 7, or Mac OS X)
Once the above is finished please follow the instructions above, replacing the Manufacturer’s installation Disc and use the download driver instead.
Maintaining Virus Protection the Right Way
Computer Repair Services Pro will help you discover how maintaining virus protection software is essential to owning a computer. Think of it this way, when you buy a car you know you have to replace the oil every 3,000 – 5,000 miles, that is a given, unless you want it to tear up on you. The same goes with owning a computer, if you want to get the best out of a computer you will need maintain it. The importance of having virus protection is so high for many different reasons. For one, it gives you the freedom of surfing the internet. Secondly, it ease’s your worry for potential devastating programs to sneak up on your computer and still your banking history. And lastly you know with virus protection your computer is SAFE.
There are many different types of Virus proctection software availiable to purchase or download for free. The difference between the free version and the paid versions are typically, the paid you get realtime protection, automatic updates, and usually a paid version will have the main types of malicious software included as it scans. Now free versions of virus protection work great too but you will have to get multiple different programs to run different scans. For example, you will need AVG to run for Virus protection; you will need Malwarebytes to scan for malware, you will need Spybot Search and Destroyer to scan for spyware. So if you do not want the hassle of having to run each and every program a couple time a month then the paid version for an all-in-one protection plan is the way to go. But if you are cash strapped and do not mind running the multiple paltforms you might want to give the free options a chance.
Note: If you suspect that a virus or any other malicious software is present on your computer, please visit our Virus Removal page.
Virus Removal Tips:
Virus removal is the process of determining if you even have a virus, what kind of virus it is, and the removal of the virus. But what is a Computer Virus? A computer virus is an executable program, that is able to replicate itself and depending on the nature of the computer virus, it may cause damage to your hard drive contents and/or interfere with the normal operation of your computer. How does someone know if they have a virus or some other form of malicious software installed on their computer? There are a lot of factors in determining if there is malicious on your computer. One way to know right a way, is when you open an internet browser, has your home page changed? If you answer yes to that question then most likely your computer is infected. Other ways that may be noticed are slowness of computer, your computer is unstable or crashes often, and if trying to access files but receive a message saying that they are corrupted are all signs of a computer virus and or malicious software has been installed.
The most important advice we could give anyone that thinks his or her computer has a computer with a virus or malicious software installed is this: DO NOT PANIC! Also, do not automatically think you will need to wipe your computer clean and start from scratch. More than likely you can remove the virus or malicious software without wiping your computer. Now granted we are not saying that you will not lose any data, but you more than likely will not lose everything.
If you suspect that your computer does in fact have either a virus or some form of malicious software, you will need to run an antivirus program to try and find what it may be. Now take into account some viruses are very sophisticated and may disable the antivirus software from even running. In this case you will need to shut your computer down and start your computer back up in Safe Mode with Networking. You can do this when turning your computer on press F8 repeatedly on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Menu displays. Navigate with your arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking and press enter. When the computer comes up to the log on window, make sure you log in normally and sit patiently until all processes load. Viruses usually do not startup in Safe Mode (but we have seen it happen before). Once the computer is at a point of usability, please go ahead and run your Antivirus program again. If the antivirus catches the virus and all seems better then your job here is done, but if it doesn’t you will need to download a specialized software to remove viruses.
The best program that we have found to remove stubborn unwanted viruses and malicious software is called COMBOFIX. ComboFix is a VERY powerful tool that is updated daily with the latest virus, malware, spyware, and adware definitions. ComboFix is a stand alone program that does not run all the time. ComboFix scans the computer, deletes any files that it “knows” are bad, it creates a report and then closes. Note: This tool is so powerful that using this tool incorrectly could adversely impact your system and prevent it from ever starting again. After saying this you will need to visit the following website to download and make sure to read “Using ComboFix”. Here you will find a step by step guide to use ComboFix. Please read everything and follow all directions stated. ComboFix will nine times out of ten, find and remove anything that you may on your computer that should not be there. If you still have the virus are malicious software after ComboFix has completed then you will need to back up your data and then perform a clean install of your operating system.