Step by step Instructions on Installing a Printer.
Installing a Printer can be very easy task to complete. There are a couple of ways of going about this installation. First, by using the Manufacturer’s Installation Disc (This is the disc that usually comes with the printer). Secondly, if you do not have the manufacturer’s disc or simply cannot find the manufacturer’s disc, you can visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers there. We will start with the easiest way first and then go to the second option next.
Installing a Printer from the Manufacturer’s Installation Disc:
This setup process is usually the exact same for most all printers.
- Make sure you have installed all Print Cartridges and Ink Toners before installing the printer.
- Put the manufacturer’s installation disc into your Optical Drive and run the printer setup application (“setup.exe” or something similar).
- When prompted connect your computer with the USB or Parallel cable and turn the printer on.
- Next you will need to go to your printers folder on your computer (for Windows XP you will need to go to ‘Start’ then ‘Printers and Faxes’; for Vista and Windows 7 you will need to go to ‘Start’ and in the search bar type “printers”; If you have a Mac you will need to click on the ‘System Preferences’ and select ‘Print & Fax’).
- Last step is to print a test page to make sure that printer is installed and working. In Windows XP you will need to right click on the printer and go to ‘Properties’ then select the ‘Print Test Page’. In Windows 7 you will need to right click on the printer and go to ‘Printer Properties’ then select the ‘Print Test Page”
Installing a Printer from the Manufacturer’s Driver Website:
If you can’t find the Manufacturer’s Installation Disc the next best thing is to go to the Manufacturer’s website to get the driver. Here are a few of the top major printer manufacturer’s website’s.
- HP: From here you will need to Click on “Drivers & Software’ enter the name and model and hit enter.
- Cannon: From here click on ‘Consumer & Home Office’ then ‘Printers & Multifunction’ then you will need to select your ‘Product Series’ and lastly ‘Drivers & Software’ beside your printer model.
- Epson: Select your printer Category then select the model, or type in the product name in Epson’s search box.
Note: Make sure when downloading a driver off of the Manufacturer’s website you specify your Operating System (Ex: Windows XP, Windows 7, or Mac OS X)
Once the above is finished please follow the instructions above, replacing the Manufacturer’s installation Disc and use the download driver instead.